What you need:
• 1/2 cup dried lentils
• 1 head cauliflower, chopped
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp yellow curry powder
• 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder or 2 crushed garlic cloves
• 1 cup roasted butternut squash (or sweet potato, or carrots)
• 1 grilled (or roasted) onion (chopped up)
• 12oz cooked chicken breast
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional to use brags vinaigrette dressing instead. This contains apple cider vinegar and other delicious spices as well)
Place your lentils, cauliflower, turmeric root, liquids and spices in a pot and bring to a boil. Allow to cook on HI heat for 15 minutes or until your lentils are tender.
Add chicken, grilled onions and butternut squash. Reduce heat to medium/ low. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Smash all together with potato smasher, until everything is in small bits. Add coconut oil. Remove from the heat. Add your apple cider vinegar.
You can alternate the vegetables that you use in this recipe. Sometimes I use carrots or any other orange colored vegetable, also you can add mushrooms or beats or even purple cabbage if you like!
I like to roast the vegetables first so it gives them a nice sweet flavor and enhances the taste.
Roast vegetables at 400° for about 30 minutes prior to adding to soup.
Why It Works:
• Lentils: will provide your body will the needed amino
acids so that it can detox properly.
• Cauliflower: is a cruciferous vegetable which means it
is rich in sulfur compounds. These compounds are amazing for protecting the body from cancer as well as aiding in efficient liver detox.
• Turmeric root: contains a compound called curcumin which helps to slow down phase one liver detox, and stimulate phase two. This is a good thing because for most people phase two liver detox can be sluggish and this can lead to poor detoxification.
•Coconut oil: anti infection and anti inflammatory properties make this great for killing germs and increasing energy in the body, very healing to the gut.
• The apple cider vinegar: will help to cleanse your whole system including your liver, gallbladder and digestive system.