Cookies are my absolute favorite treat, but unfortunately they are not the best for the waistline, so I created my very own HEALTHY cookie alternative that you can have guilt-free, and still stay on top of your fitness goals! My almond butter cookies are filling, delicious, full of fiber, and protein, leaving you feeling content just after a couple small cookies. Imaging actually feeling FULL after eating two cookies! You can say goodbye to over-eating when you are eating the right ingredients.
These cookies will trigger your leptin levels to rise, (the hormone that tells you you’re full and to stop eating) and will be a life saver during the mid-day energy slump when you want to reach for something sweet for a pick-me-up. These energizing and metabolism boosting cookies will be a hit at your holiday office party or even with your kiddos.
Try this easy and fast healthy cookie recipe and tell me what you think!
Easy Almond Butter Cookies
1 Cup Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1 Large Egg (lightly beaten)
1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (80% or higher)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.
2. Spray two nonstick baking sheets lightly with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the almond butter, sugar and egg until well combined.
4. Spoon 1 level tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
5. Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
Makes 22 Cookies